The ZEV3600 was designed with two goals in mind.
- To be the best and most powerful low cost electric scooter available.
- To meet the requirement of the law in those states and countries that have special allowances for two wheeled motor vehicles under 5 hp. (i.e. no motorcycle license required. Often called a Moped law) The 3600 has 4.83 hp. (Some states have even lower power rules for the Moped law of between 1.5 and 2 hp. For those states ask about our low power version of the ZEV 2700)
For the customers who cannot benefit from this 5 hp Moped specific law, the higher power ZEV4100 is recommended). The ZEV3600 L is is a true high performance motor scooter with 3600 watts of output power.
Range – depends upon terrain, weather, and carrying load. Our range is measured on flat under SAE standard conditions.
– 25 miles at 48 mph
– 45 miles at 40 mph
– 60 miles at 28 mph
– 70 miles at 12 mph
Customers who drive the bikes daily have posted reports on forums that they are driving 45 miles between charging.
Click on http://www.youtube.com/user/iConservePA#p/a/u/0/yRUIgm-nmAc for a short movie by the Pennsylvania Parks system about the 3600.
Current shipping time : Two weeks if on dealer floor.
Within the range of 80-110 days if factory direct.
What makes the L different from other bikes is the use of Lead Silicate batteries instead of Lithium (or Lead Acid) batteries.
The Silicate lead battery used by ZEV are a completely different battery than the old lead sulfuric acid battery.
- They have only about 10% of the internal resistance of the old sulfuric acid battery. This allows these batteries to be charged in ½ the time of normal lead acid battery.
- The discharge ability is much better allowing rapid vehicle acceleration with up to 4.5 times the ability to discharge without damage.
- There is little or no temperature increases during charging or discharging.
- The battery is far less sensitive to temperature being able to work normally at -50 C.
- The battery has no memory.
- The electrolyte is the ultimate green battery fluid as it can be used as a fertilizer.
- The shelf life is in excess of 12 months without losing charge. So an unused vehicle does not run itself down.
- The battery are non explosive.
- The battery can be recharged at high currents of .8 to 1 C.
- High discharge rates are not a problem given the low internal resistance.
- There is no acid mist produced by charging.
- The battery can be fully deep charged through over 500 cycles.
- The energy storage to weight ratio is about 24% better than lead acid.
- The battery plates do not sulfate and destroy the battery.