Our T3-1 trike was designed to cover both the needs of individuals as a general run about and for light load delivery or taxi use.
The ZEV Micro is a motorcycle sized vehicle, intended to provide the lowest possible transportation cost, maximum hauling ability, and treated as a motor scooter for the lowest registration cost. Think of a 4 X 8 ft footprint as the total vehicle size, yet able to carry three adults. The goal was a vehicle for delivery and personal utility use that unlike a golf cart or UTV/ATV, is legal to drive on the street anywhere in the country, but sell for less than new golf carts or UTV, and to be the lowest possible cost of ownership vehicle on more than 2 wheels.
The T3-1 is legal to drive without a helmet (when using seat belts) in all but two USA states. It can be driven with just a car license in many USA states. It is legal to drive everywhere as a motorcycle. In some USA states it can be driven with no license or registration. For those states that the speed be restricted to 25 mph or less or the power to be lower than standard, we can supply a special variant to conform to those rules.
We wanted the vehicle to be first class. Real glass windshield and elsewhere (not plastic), roll up windows, quality dashboard and upholstery, sunroof, headliner.
SEATING FOR THREE PEOPLE
- The front seat slides forward and tilts forward to make it easy to enter to the rear seat. 38.5 inches seat to ceiling headroom
- Rear seat width 35 inches, two seat belts.
- Easy access. Two doors that open wide.
- High back front seat, seat belts on all seats, round steel tube cage construction, disc brakes on all wheels, extremely bright lights all around for see and be seen safety.
- Battery mass all forward of the rear axle and near centrally distributed for vehicle balance. With the battery mass at or below the axle height, and the motor mass behind the rear axle, the weight does not greatly transfer forward in hard braking. The resulting CG also helps to keep the trike planted and not feel tippy.
STEEL ROUND TUBE CONSTRUCTION
- To our knowledge, no other vehicle in this class uses the round tube construction instead of square metal tubing to gain a radical increase in chassis rigidity.
- Headroom for 6 ft riders with additional clearance. 220 lb rider shown, 6 ft tall. Riders to 390 lbs have driven the bike.
- REAR LIFT GATE TOP PANEL opens for air flow. The rear glass tilts out at the bottom. These rear panels are removable to use the vehicle for cargo.
- FORWARD FACING SUNROOF ACTS AS AN AIR SCOOP
- MOTORCYCLE STYLE CONTROLS, ALL HAND CONTROLS Throttle, brakes, dual parking brakes, all light controls on the handlebars.
- DISC BRAKES ON ALL 3 WHEELS controlled from the handlebars.
- No other small vehicle at this price has disc brakes on all wheels.
HIGHLY UNDERRATED MOTOR FOR MAXIMUM MOTOR LIFE
- Oil cooled like all ZEV motors for motor life.
• Yellow underglow lighting for night time visibility floats the Micro on a pool of yellow light coming from under the vehicle and extending around it.
• Additional and brilliant LED brake lights and or front running lights
• Radio/Stereo installation
DELIVERY FLEET and LONG RANGE OPTIONS
- Extended range battery packs are available in lithium to suit your requirements. Call us with your requirements.
- Wide cross section 130/60-13 front tire and dual piston caliper front disc for maximum stopping ability. Not a skinny 10 or 12 inch tire like all other small trikes run. No tendency for the front wheel to skid or plow in hard braking.
- Floors shown bare to show construction. A carpet overlay is standard, while the composite floor allows a quick wipe down.
- High quality, molded and fitted headliner.
- LED daylight running lights on.